We are constantly in search of projects where private investment is attractive and where there is a significant likelihood that regulatory issues can be resolved within reasonable timeframes.
Once we identify a viable business opportunity, we reach agreement with the relevant SME or agency for developing the opportunity with the incorporation of private investment under a suitable framework.
After an agreement is reached towards private sector participation, we engage the consultants to carry out the project development work.
Consultants’ deployment usually occurs within a month after an agreement has been signed. The consultants and our core staff work closely with the relevant SME’s or agencies for developing the project for private participation.
SECTORS WE WORK IN
We have ample experience and preference to participating in the following sectors :
- Telecommunications and ICT
- Real Estate
- Coal, Oil, Gas
- Water supply and Sanitation
- Civil Aviation and Tourism
- Housing & related infrastructure
Our aim is to facilitate participation in infrastructure and technology projects necessary for the economic development of Southern Africa and the region at large. We undertake critical appraisal and review of project opportunities where private investment can be motivated for.
Once reasonably satisfied with the potential of the project, we facilitate for agreements with SME’s and private investors to develop the project.
Our services equally include:
- Conduction of studies to define the commercial opportunity
- Promotion of projects to sponsors and lenders
- Structuring project for implementation
- Evaluation and assessment of professional teams for project implementation
- Evaluation and Execution of infrastructure concession agreements and,
- Contract management work
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE SERVICES
We also provide services which create opportunities for private sector participation which may not directly relate to a particular investment project.
These services include:
- Preparing business plans and capacity building plans for SME’s or independent agencies
- Project Management and Monitoring Services
- Sector reform and market studies
- Assistance in preparing expansion or liberalisation plans
Firefly Group (Pty) Ltd is thoroughly dedicated to facilitating Private Investment Partnerships in and around Southern Africa. We are highly skilled with extensive relevant experience in the diverse areas of our specialities.
Our recurring strengths include:
- Rapid Consultant Support
- A secured network of potential private funding
- Excellent working relationships with executing agencies
- Individualised solutions
- Familiarity with procurement regulations and,
- State of the art logistics support